Practicing in a hot room will get you hooked!
The detoxifying effects on the body, mind, and spirit are amazing.
WHY USE HEAT?
When practicing yoga in a heated room, your body will create an exhilarating detoxifying sweat, flushing toxins from your blood and metabolic waste from your muscles. Fresh oxygen is delivered to the muscles, joints, organs, glands and blood flow is increased. You will leave feeling blissed out and refreshed!
HOW DOES THE HEAT HELP HEAL INJURIES & STRENGTHEN THE BODY?
Practicing in the heat provides numerous physical benefits such as softening collagen around the joints, strengthening the heart and cardiovascular system, speeding up the breakdown of glucose and fatty acids, rejuvenating the skin, and assisting in the removal of inflammatory free-radicals from the body.
WHAT DOES THE HEAT DO FOR THE MIND?
Hot power yoga is not just a physical practice. The challenge of exercising in a hot room provides a place where you can learn to control thoughts and work on being present and content amidst the continually changing conditions, not just on your mat but in life in general. You will strengthen your willpower, self-control, concentration and determination in this challenging environment. Over time the body and mind will adjust and you'll crave the challenge.
9 REASONS YOU WANT TO SWEAT IN THE HEAT, NOW!
1. Increases metabolic rate and assists in weight loss and fat burning
2. Increases the body temperature, which stimulates T-cells and boosts the immune system
3. Delivers increased oxygen throughout the body increasing healing time for injuries and joint stiffness
4. Helps eliminate toxins such as alcohol, nicotine, cholesterol and other carcinogens from the body
5. Increases blood circulation to carry great amounts of nutrients to the skin, thus promoting healthy tone and texture
6. Assists in removal of inflammatory free-radicals from the body
7. Detoxifies your skin and body by expelling dirt, chemicals and dead skin cells through increased perspiration
8. Your muscles and connective tissue become more elastic and you can safely increase your range of motion with much less chance of injury
9. The practice of maintaining balance and your breath in a heated room will enhance your mental focus, concentration and determination